Turning Point held its annual Butterfly Banquet on June 11, 2016 at the Bay View Restaurant in San Diego’s Marine Corps Recruit Depot. What a wonderful evening … we were able to share our message and build our community. We are grateful for our faithful supporters and dedicated volunteers who made the evening possible. Thank you!
- Celebration and Inspiration highlighted by our guest speaker Catalina
- Beautiful Music with Performance by soprano Betsy Podsiadlo who sang A Change In Me form Beauty and the Beast and two unforgettable Puccini arias
- Friends donated over $18,000 in less thant 10 minutes in our first “Fund-A-Need” opportunity
- Daria Van Nice provided her Vintage Camera Box and lasting memories took dozens of wonderful photographs for you to enjoy.
- Judy B. Award presented to Renee Pitera
A Message From Tim Lucey, Board President
Thank you for helping us fulfill our mission and for supporting our shared vision of sobriety with dignity for alcoholic women. We are inspired by our staff, residents and alumna who model that vision so beautifully day-in and day-out. And by your generous support and loyal friendship. You have always been there for us!
As we celebrate our 47th Anniversary we pause in gratitude to reflect on the the past year and to consider the challenges ahead. Because of your support and the work of out staff we are now in a position to dream of incremental and organic growth to provide vitally needed services. Among these are:
- Out-patient services to extend the hand of hope to women on our waiting list
- Transitional living for our alumnae as they spread their wings to help others
- Family group in a private setting – one of the essential elements for achieving long-term sobriety
In the coming months we intend to turn these dreams into plans and with your help we will turn plans into reality. I promise to keep you posted. We Can Do It!